IMPORTANT BUS INFORMATION
Children are assigned to one route and one stop only (unless already approved by the administration for daycare situations). For the safety of your children bus passes will not be given unless for an emergency and at the discretion of administration. Please make alternate arrangements other than changing a bus. The process for changing any dismissal plans for your children is challenging and difficult and we want to be sure your child gets where they need to go.
Please go over these rules with your children:
Waiting for the Bus
- Plan to board at your assigned stop only.
- Know when your bus departs and where to line up to catch the bus.
- Arrive five minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Wait quietly at the stop.
Boarding the Bus
- Wait until the bus has stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK to board.
- Hold onto the rails while boarding.
- Find a seat and sit down.
- Keep the aisle clear.
- Do not bring anything on the bus that is not allowed at school.
Riding the Bus
- Remain seated at all times.
- Keep body parts inside the seat and the bus at all times.
- Talk quietly with friends.
- Listen to the driver.
- Do not distract the driver or interfere with the driver’s operation of the bus.
- Do not stand while the bus is moving.
Disembarking the Bus
- Disembark at your assigned stop only.
- Wait until the bus has stopped, and the bus driver says it’s OK to disembark.
- Do not push or shove.
- Once you are off the bus, do not run in front of the bus. Wait for the driver to give a signal if crossing.
- Once a child exits the bus, he/she is the responsibility of his/her parents or guardians. If a parent is required to be at the stop and is not, that child will be returned to City School and sometimes SATEC depending on the driver as we share buses now. A parent will need to pick them up.
Additional Behavior Guidelines
- No eating, drinking or littering on the bus.
- No throwing objects on or at the bus.
- No bullying or harassment of others.
- No fighting, profanity or spitting.
- A verbal warning will be issued by the driver to a student violating behavior guidelines and documented with School administration.
- If the student continues to misbehave, a Bus referral will be written and parents will be informed.
- The second offense will result in the child being off the bus for 3 days.
- Other offenses will be handled by the administration and will result in time off the bus according to Maplerun district Policy.