Students in grades 5 and 8 ONLY are taking the writing NECAPS today.
What's Happening in Dynamic Design?
From Open House to NECAPs and everything in between, Dynamic Design has been very busy! In addition to all the great learning we're doing, we've been having a lot of fun, too! Here are some highlights and pictures from the last few weeks:
- Dynamic Design continued their annual tradition of decorating the SACS' Cafeteria for the Open House Harvest Dinner; it's always a fun service project!
- We also took a field trip to the Shelburne Museum and participated in workshops aligned with our current Government & Citizenship Thematic Unit; we'd like to thank the staff there for a great experience!
- This week, to have a break and a special treat during the hard work of NECAP testing, our students worked with Mrs. Smith, our Farm-to-School Coordinator, to make Apple Crisp from some of our healthy snack - YUM!
- On Thursday, October 10th, a group of Dynamic Design students presented to the St. Albans City School Board about the work we do to facilitate and promote Sustainable Fundraising in our school. The students did a great job, and thank you to the School Board for hosting us!
- On Friday, October 11th, some Dynamic Design alumni and current BFA students came to talk to our 7th and 8th graders about the transition to high school and how our students can best prepare for it. Their information was very insightful and helpful!
Check out our website, www.
dynamicdesignlearningcommunity .blogspot.com for all that's happening!
Its that time of year again: leaves falling, birds flying and programmers coding —getting back to some real fun!
Yes CODESMYTHS is back and better than ever, and you are invited to join.
Interested? Join us for our
Kick-off event this in the Library!!
APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AT THIS EVENT.
What is CODESMYTHS you ask?
It is an opportunity to apply your problem solving skills in a self-directed environment where you learn how to program and write apps or games for the iPad. You get to collaborate with fellow classmates and learn a skill that is applicable in school and out in the workforce. It may even be a bit of FUN, especially as you control what kind of app you want to create.
For more information
Check out our website: www.codesmyths.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in the Library!
Sr. Band will be rehearsing today with just the 7th grade.
6th grade cello have lessons today at 8:30, Margot at 1:30, and 6th grade violins at 2:45.
Jr. Band is rehearsing today at 12:15.
The 5/6 Soccer Teams have home games today starting at 4:00.
The 7/8 Girls Soccer team have an away game in Alburgh starting at 4:15
Lunch Menu for Tuesday October 15th
Cheese Ravioli w/Marinara Or Yogurt
Or Sunbutter & Jelly Or Deli Sandwich Or Salad Bar Or Pizza