There will be no pull out lessons for band today. Regular lessons will resume tomorrow.
5th grade violins are having lessons today.
Jr. Band is rehearsing .
The following Open Doors classes are meeting today, Monday, April 28th:
Jon Gailmor 1st workshop- It begins promptly at .
Ready, Set, Cook
Geo Journey IS NOT meeting today, however it will meet .
Girl Scouts Brownie Quest IS NOT meeting today.
FITNESS TEAM PRACTICE WEEK OF 4/28
Tuesday 4/29 and
If you are planning to take the bus home, please sign up by in the Main Lobby.
Questions or concerns please see Mrs. Jarvis or Mr. Branon.
Whole School Walking Contest begins
During the 6 1/2 week contest, any miles walked around school property will be counted. Mileage/laps will be tallied daily by key students or a teacher from your community on clipboards kept at the front lobby desk. Mitch Craib and Mike Parker will transfer your community's data into a computer spreadsheet and plot the findings. Results of the contest will be posted weekly in the lobby area and on daily announcements. The community with the most miles will become the custodian of the golden shoe trophy. In contrast, the community with the least miles will receive the battered shoe award.
Note: For those of you not associated with a specific community, there will be a group you can compete with.
The purpose of this contest is to get us all moving for the sake of health and fitness. Please join in during WIN times or whenever your class can take a break outdoors.
Walk to School Day
On Friday the 2nd we will hold our 4th "walk to school day" of 2014. Please come out and join us in record numbers. In April we had 202 student and adult participants. Let's aim for 300 or 400 this May. Teachers can join in by parking away from school and walking in. There will be wristbands and pencils for those who participate. Parents and adults can have a cup of coffee in the cafeteria after the walk and can be driven home if need be. Since this is the Friday before Vermont Green Up day we will provide gloves and garbage bags for bus leaders so we can collect things we would rather not see on the ground.
National Bike to School Day
On City School will hold a bike to school event. There will be two biking groups.
1. A group will leave from Barlow Street Community Center, travel down Weldon and then up Elm street to City School.
2. Another group () will leave the Senior Center down Messenger & Lincoln Streets to Bank Street and Taylor Park. From there the group will go down Kingman Street to Federal St. to Aldis street to City School.
Both groups will be led by a Police Cruise Car and at least two cycling adults.
Please join us if you can.
SACS Dress Code
Now that Spring is here, please take a moment to review SACS Dress Code.
Students should wear clothing that is neat, comfortable, and appropriate for learning while keeping the weather in mind.
- Clothing must cover stomachs, backs and undergarments, including underwear and bras.
- No halter-tops,spaghetti straps, short shirts, see through items or tank tops with straps less than two inches.
- All clothing should provide coverage so that no cleavage is showing.
- Skirts, shorts, or skorts must be as long as mid-thigh.
- any item of clothing with sexual, drug, alcohol, tobacco connotations or hate or gang related activities or messages are not allowed.
Want to earn some money from your Spring Cleaning?
Purchase a space for the 8th Grade Rummage Sale!
Saturday, May 3, 2014 - SACS Gym
Open to Public 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
$10.00 for a 3x3 table $15.00 for a 3x6 table
contact Amy Ward at email@example.com
Lunch Menu For Monday April 28th
Dress Your Own Burger
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Or Yogurt Or Sunbutter and Jelly Or Deli Sandwich Or Salad Bar Or Pizza