The first day of school for students is grades 1-8 is on Wednesday August 27th. It will be a half day for students.
A session: 7:45 – 10:45
B session: 8:15 – 11:15
All parents and guardians are invited to attend the first day with their student(s). The Parent Resource Fair will be happening from 7:30 - 8:30 am and again from 9:30 - 10:30am The Resource Fair is a great time to find out about all of the opportunities available at school and get involved. For those who cannot attend it will also be happening on Open House Night on 9/25.
At the Resource Fair you can:
- Sign up for SACS Daily Announcements and find out how to keep connected with SACS on the web.
- Fill out a volunteer background check form so you can become a volunteer at our school and attend field trips.
- Find out about after school programs such as Open Doors and SES Tutoring.
- See some of the choices our cafeteria has to offer and pick up and fill out a Free and Reduced Lunch form.
- Students in grades 5-8 can find out and sign up for Fall Athletics.
- Learn about Safe Routes to School.
- Learn more about Farm to School and Four Winds.
- Sign up for SACS PTO and learn about SACS Sustainable Fundraising.
The SACS Fitness Room not only moved over the summer, but it has expanded into a space where students can exercise and have fun complete with exercise machines, an air hockey table and a fooseball table!
For those students that completed the Babysitting course this summer at
The St. Albans Library, please stop by the Open Doors table at the Resource
Fair on the first day of school Wednesday, August 27th from or to pick up your Red Cross certificate and first aid kit.
Open Doors will also have a sneak preview of upcoming classes for the Fall 2014.
Be the first to get your name on the list of upcoming classes such as Aviation, Language Sampling at BFA, the new Family CHOMP class and more! We would love to hear from you what other classes you would like us to offer this school year!