Daily Announcements Wednesday September 23rd, 2015
5/6 Boys Soccer Practice 5:00-6:30 Today (Wednesday).
Reminder: Thursday Evening 5:00-7:00pm, September 24th (Tomorrow).
- Free spaghetti dinner for students and family members
- Book Fair in Learning Commons (Library)
- Visit with teachers/staff in learning communities
- Resource Fair
Things your family members can do at the Resource Fair Tomorrow Evening
- Find out how to keep connected with SACS on the web (Daily Announcements).
- Fill out a volunteer background check form to become a volunteer at our school and attend field trips.
- Find out about after school programs such as Open Doors and SES Tutoring.
- See some of the choices our cafeteria has to offer.
- Students in grades 5-8 can find out and sign up for Athletics.
- Learn about our Walking and Biking to School program
- Learn more about Farm to School and Four Winds.
- Sign up for FSACS and learn about SACS Sustainable Fundraising.
Homework Club on Thursday
Due to Open House on Thursday, there will be no Homework Club after school on THURSDAY.
A representative of Ellis Music company will be at the band room tonight, for renting instruments to students who wish to play in band and orchestra this year, and whose parents are using Ellis for rentals. We will be in the band room at 6:00pm.
String instruments have lessons, so please check with Mr. M if you need to find your lesson time, and full orchestra is at .
Kindergarten learned about Butterflies
Some kindergarten students (Lewis, Williams, Scott) have been learning about the life cycle of Painted Lady Butterflies. Since the beginning of school they have watched caterpillars change into butterflies. This morning they released their Painted Lady Butterflies into the Butterfly garden and surrounding areas.
Here is a video of Mr. Lewis and his students made about the caterpillar stage of butterflies. It is 2 minutes and 45 seconds long. Students act out a caterpillar story as Mr. Lewis reads it to them.
Link to Video
Local Foods in Our Cafeteria this Week
Every week the Abbey Staff strive to find local foods for us to eat. This week our local foods are coming from the following sources:
- Mazza Tomatoes -Colchester, VT
- Halls Orchard (apples & pears) -Isle La Motte, VT
- Cabot Yogurt -Cabot, VT
- Hood Buttermilk -Vermont Dairies
- Maple Meadow Farm Eggs -Salisbury, VT
Wednesday: Fruit Smoothie and a Fresh Muffin
Additional Daily Offerings: Whole Grain Cereals, Oatmeal, Bagel w/ Cream Cheese,
Healthy Breakfast Round, Cabot Yogurt Parfait
All Served w/ Milk, Juice and Fresh Fruit
Lunch Menu -September Birthday Celebration
Hot Turkey Sandwich w/Gravy Homemade Mashed Potato
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Fruit & Veggie Bar
Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk