Daily Announcements Thursday October 29th, 2015
The following Open Doors classes meet today
- Trash to Treasure
- Engineering Extravaganza
- Money Makers
- None of Your Beeswax
- I Wanna Bang on the Drum All Day
Notice to Parents and Students: No Afterschool Programming the week 11/2 – 11/6
Due to Learning Showcases the week of November 2nd – 6th (next week) there will be NO afterschool programming. This includes: Tutoring, Open Doors, Homework Club and Athletic Club.
Also -NO SCHOOL on Monday November 2nd
Mr Mehaffey is not here today (Thursday), so there is no Jr. Band or Sr. Band today. Students for 7-8 Sr. Band please stay with their teams today.
On Friday morning (tomorrow), October 30th, the beginning band class for Triumph and Voyagers will be presenting a short recital of music at 8:00 am. The audience will be the A time 5th grade and 4th grade students from Discovery and Incredibles. The concert should take about 20 minutes.
Heads up: Grades 4/6 School DANCE on Friday October 30th
Location School Cafeteria.
Time 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Arrival and Dismissal from Dances:
- Students enter through the gymnasium doors and sign themselves into the dance.
- School Expectations (Safe, Achieving, Caring) remain at all evening events and that includes dances.
- At the end of our dances, chaperones and staff will walk students through the building to our front lobby. We will dismiss from there.
- Please be prompt for pick up as staff and chaperones need to get home too. If your student does not have a ride home, please don’t send them to our dances unless they have made arrangements before coming to the dance.
Grades 7/8 will have a dance next week on Friday
Team USA will be hosting a Halloween dance on November 6th, from 6-8 pm. There will be many fun activities including a costume contest, dance off, bobbing for apples and more!
It will be $3 to get in.
-Team USA event committee
Last Call for Wreaths. Must be paid for before Friday when orders go in.
Questions? See Mrs. Seymour or email to email@example.com
Last Soccer Games of the School Year
On Tuesday 10-27-2015 the 7/8 Boys and Girls had their last soccer game of the season against Georgia. The scores of 3 vs 3 for the boys and 0 vs 0 for the girls suggests a pretty even match between the two schools. It was a beautiful late afternoon to watch the games.
Walk to School Results
One hundred and thirty seven students and eighteen adults walked or biked into school on Wednesday 10-28-2015 (155 total). We had higher numbers last year at this time in the season with equivalent weather. Next week, on November 4th, consider prying yourself off the bus or out of your family car and join us. Walking and biking with friends on Wednesdays feels good. Walking and biking are easy ways to get some exercise are a great way to start your day.
Team USA Students Celebrating Wacky Wednesday.
Local Foods in our Cafeteria This Week
- Flemish Pears from Halls -Isle La Motte VT
- Kingdom Creamery yogurt -East Hardwick VT
- Hood Buttermilk -VT dairies
- Cabot yogurt -Cabot VT
- Squash and potatoes from Petes greens -Craftsbury VT
- Broccoli from Mazzas -Colchester VT
- Apples from Bergeron (Sheldon VT) and Northcourt -Franklin VT
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk