Due to the impending snowstorm all after school activities are cancelled for Friday February 8th. The library will also be closed on Friday afternoon and the 4:45 bus will not be running. Please plan accordingly.
News from Boxtops
Are you looking to get a boost for your Learning Community's Box Tops for Education Collection Totals?
Ms. Cavallo has a special bonus bag full of Box Tops! Would you like to win it for your Learning Community?
- Create a “Green” Box Tops Collection Container
- The collection container could be for your classroom or somewhere in the building.
- Your entry must include the collection container and a written description explaining how/why it is “green.”
- Judging Criteria
- Made entirely out of repurposed/reused/recycled materials.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Representation of the Box Top Program
- Entries will be judged by The Dynamic Design Box Top Representatives using a point-scale rubric. (Blind judging - no names/L.C. shared during judging)
- Deadline for entries: Monday, February 18th. Entries should be delivered to Dynamic Design.
Questions? Please visit Dynamic Design or email email@example.com
Box Tops Competition
Box Tops Competition
Well Done on another great week in our competition, City School Community! Week 4 resulted in 926 Box Tops Collected! Now here is your math challenge: With 6,168 total Box Tops collected so far, how many more would our school community need to collect to reach 8,000 Box Tops? 10,000? Can we do it?!
Here is the competition breakdown by Learning Community:
Bright Beginnings still holds on to the lead, but several teams are using Box Tops collection sheets to keep their Box Tops on display in the classroom as motivation and several teams are making steady weekly progress while others' momentum is slowing down, so who knows what could happen during these last two weeks! Keep clipping those Box Tops and good luck to all communities. Everyone is doing a great job supporting this school-wide sustainable fundraising effort.
Healthy Hearts on the Move
Saturday, February 9th 11 AM-2 PM
St. Albans City Hall and Taylor Park
Northwestern Medical Center is sponsoring a family activity packed event including chair massage, blood pressure and cholesterol screenings and kids activities to raise awareness about healthy hearts and heart disease. Come join the fun!
Hot Lunch Entree for For Friday Feb. 8th
Waffle Sticks w/ Warm Syrup
Sweet and White Home Fries
Green Pepper Strips