A hearty group of 105 students and 18 adults braved the threat of a winter storm and walked to school. The weather turned out to be no problem with 35 degree temperatures, no additional snow or rain and little wind. The next walk in January could be way colder. Let's see who has the drive to keep walking to school year around. Congratulations to all those who walked!
Full Orchestra is rehearsing this afternoon.
Jazz Band is rehearsing this afternoon at 2, instead of Sr. Band because of the Learning Showcase on Friday.
Students in various 3-4-5-6 chorus's with Mrs Cameron-Musette, Ms. Gelfon and Mr. Mehaffey's guitar class, will be presenting a concert on Monday night at 7 pm, in the big gym. Everyone is invited.
Congratulations to Kayleigh Sweeney, Sam Handy, and Jacob Benware, who auditioned for the High School District Music Festival, last night at BFA. All 3 students were accepted to perform in the Concert Band or Wind Ensemble, which will be rehearsing in March 2015.
Practice today at 3:15.
The following Open Doors classes meet today Thursday, December 4th
- Drumming for Success The Wednesday and Thursday drumming students have been invited to perform at City Hall this Saturday. Way to go drummers! Did you bring in your permission slip for the Drumming performance at City Hall this Saturday, December 6th?
- CHOMP for Families (Remember this is the class for students and families)
- Language Sampling at BFA (Session B students board bus #3 at 3:10)
- Aviation- The Aviation program has ended. However, next week we are hoping to take the last two students for their flight experience. Open Doors will keep you posted.
- Kindness Center Creations
- Crazy Cool Chemistry
Session B students taking Language Sampling at BFA will board bus #3 at 3:10. Students will check in with Open Doors at bus #3 before boarding the bus. If parents are picking up their children at BFA, please pick-up at the south side of BFA (where the big sign is)
All session A students taking Open Doors classes go to the cafeteria at 2:45 dismissal. It is very important that all students riding the buses afterschool follow the bus expectations.
We have 2,207 non-perishable food items in total, that is 66% of our goal. Voyagers are in the lead with 606 non-perishable food items. If students want to get the Gates Fudge Ice Cream Party, bring in a lot of items. Today is the last day to bring in non-perishable food items.
Did you spot him at lunch?
There is no school for students Friday December 5th.
Lunch Menu for Thursday December 4th
Taco Bar w/The Works
Seasoned Taco Meat, Mozz. Cheese, Lettuce, Salsa and Soft Flour Tortilla
Southwestern Rice Pilaf
Fruit and Veggie Bar
Or Yogurt Or Sunbutter and Jelly Or Deli Sandwich Or Pizza