March's Walking Wednesday is next week -on the 9th.
No Tutoring or Open Doors after school today. There will be homework club if you are already enrolled.
Phantoms Lacrosse Registration for the 2016 Season is now OPEN
org for more information and to register.
Explorers students learn about Biomimicry.
In this project, they learned about the glue that algae spores produce to help them survive in the roaring waves of the ocean. The students used this concept of algae sticky glue to test different types of edible glue that would help create a strong cardboard skyscraper.
Drawing up plans for construction
Gluing the Cardboard pieces together
Box Tops Collection Final Totals
WOW, City School Community! We did it! In just five weeks, we collected 7,372 Box Tops for Education! Each Box Top is worth $0.10 for our school. Can you do the math to find out how much money we made?
Huge thank you to each and every learning community, because everyone contributed, and every one counts!
We will continue to collect Box Tops all year long, so please keep clipping and bringing them to school. Visit www.BTFE.com for more information about participating products, Bonus opportunities, great coupons, and more!
~The Money Makers
Do you remember learning how to wash hands properly in kindergarten?
Here are Mrs Scott's students taking 20 to 30 seconds to thoroughly sanitize their hands.
- Students watched a video on how to hand wash
- Then teachers used a black light to show how washing their own hands longer than 5, 10, or 15 seconds made a difference killing germs. The longer the soap was used, the more germs killed. 5, 10 or 15 seconds was NOT LONG ENOUGH to do the job.
- Students recorded on paper how length of time effects hand cleanliness.
- Then students soaped up their own hands as long as it took to sing their ABCs or the Happy Birthday song.
- Finally, the black light was used to show how well the students washed.
UNIVERSAL LUNCH MENU
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk