Some of Wednesday's daily announcements content is repeated here today because you may have missed it yesterday due to the "snow day".
After SchoolThere will be no Open Doors or SES Tutoring March 3rd (today). Students registered for Homework Club on March 3rd will meet. Students registered for Drama on March 3rd will meet.
- Sr. Band and Jr. Band will be rehearsing today.
- Full Orchestra will be rehearsing Friday (tomorrow) morning at 8:00 AM sharp. Please have your instrument and yourself in the band room at least 5 minutes early.
- String lessons for 6-7-8 will be happening Friday. Beginner violin and cello will have a full Orchestra lesson on Friday.
It will be a cold day outside, too cold for outside recess today. If everyone comes well dressed for cold weather tomorrow, it should be a bit warmer and OK for heading outside then.
Explorers students learn about Biomimicry.
In this project, they learned about the glue that algae spores produce to help them survive in the roaring waves of the ocean. The students used this concept of algae sticky glue to test different types of edible glue that would help create a strong cardboard skyscraper.
Drawing up plans for construction
Gluing the Cardboard pieces together
Box Tops Collection Final Totals
WOW, City School Community! We did it! In just five weeks, we collected 7,372 Box Tops for Education! Each Box Top is worth $0.10 for our school. Can you do the math to find out how much money we made?
Huge thank you to each and every learning community, because everyone contributed, and every one counts!
We will continue to collect Box Tops all year long, so please keep clipping and bringing them to school. Visit www.BTFE.com for more information about participating products, Bonus opportunities, great coupons, and more!
~The Money Makers
Do you remember learning how to wash hands properly in kindergarten?
Here are Mrs Scott's students taking 20 to 30 seconds to thoroughly sanitize their hands.
- Students watched a video on how to hand wash
- Then teachers used a black light to show how washing their own hands longer than 5, 10, or 15 seconds made a difference killing germs. The longer the soap was used, the more germs killed. 5, 10 or 15 seconds was NOT LONG ENOUGH to do the job.
- Students recorded on paper how length of time effects hand cleanliness.
- Then students soaped up their own hands as long as it took to sing their ABCs or the Happy Birthday song.
- Finally, the black light was used to show how well the students washed.
Mark Your Calendar: Health Fair at St. Albans City School,
Saturday March 5th
Saturday March 5th
UNIVERSAL LUNCH MENU
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk