After School Programming
- Boy's Boxing
- Tae Kwon Do
- Full cast
Jr. Band is rehearsing today at 12:15 AM
Damp and windy weather. Dress warmly.
USA invites students and staff to come and meet some important VT candidates
For any student or staff member interested in meeting Bruce Lisman and/ or Matt Dunne... They will be visiting Team USA, on different dates, and you are invited to come and listen to them.
- Mr. Dunne is running for Governor and is an employee of Google. He will be here tomorrow, , morning.
- Mr. Lisman will be here next week, He is a Republican candidate for Governor and a retired Wall Street executive
7/8 Boys Baseball practice starts today, Tuesday March 29th. Practice will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00 to 7:00 PM in the big gym. Please wear sneakers and shorts (or sweat pants) and remember your glove. Make sure your form has been turned in to Mrs. Trainer or Mr. D.
On Friday 3-25-2016, many of the 1st through 3rd graders took part in a fancy dance put on in their honor. There was a LARGE turnout and everyone had a GREAT time. Students dressed up, did their nails, had special drinks and snacks, danced and hoola hooped. Lots of smiles.
Imagination/Abbey Lunchtime -New Meal Taste Test
Today the Abbey will be serving Mac and Trees at lunch. If students do not want that for lunch, Team Imagination students will be walking around serving samples. Students from Imagination will have surveys at lunch for students to fill out. We will also have the recipe and coloring sheets for students in the cafeteria.
Link to Mac & Trees Video 1.25 minutes long
More student art
Pea Pods are for snacks today
Peas are a member of the legume family. There are two main kinds of peas and they are based on their pods:
- Green (or garden) peas have sweet, full-sized seeds but the pods are not edible.
- Edible-pod peas (snap peas and snow peas) produce peas that are encased in pods that do not need to be shelled.
Peas have been found in historical sites dating nearly 10,000 years old. The possible origin for peas is Thailand and Burma, the Middle East, and Ethiopia. The cultivation of peas spread throughout Europe, India and China about 4000 years ago.
- Sugar snap peas were developed in 1979
- Only 5% of peas grown are sold fresh
- Thomas Jefferson planted more than 30 varieties of peas in his garden
UNIVERSAL LUNCH MENU
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk