After School Programming
- SACS Newspaper
- Girls on the Run
- Full cast
At last, a decent day to get outside and move.
For any student or staff interested in meeting Matt Dunne:
Mr. Dunne is running for Governor and is an employee of Google. He will be at Team USA today,, morning.
Light It Up Blue
April 2nd is autism awareness day. The purpose of the day is to:
- Spread awareness and understanding of autism
- Celebrate and honor the unique talents and skills of people with autism
- Brings attention to the needs of all people with autism
Since April 2nd is a Saturday, please wear blue to school on Friday, April 1st to help spread your support and awareness for autism
If you’re wearing blue on Friday, Kaleidoscope would like to take your picture (alone, in groups or as a class) so we can make a video to show our schools support.
Lion King Dates
Because of a very full spring schedule, we have chosen to go back to our original dates for the play! The show will be on Friday and Saturday, May 13th and 14th at 7:00 PM. A dress rehearsal will be held on Friday the 13th at 9:30 am.
Team Renaissance Studied Coal Mining
Renaissance has been exploring renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
To study the impact of surface mining for coal, the students were given chocolate chip cookies to mine. In addition, they were given money to purchase tools to extract the coal (chocolate chips) from the cookies and then reclaim the land. Students were paid for each lump of chocolate/coal they turned in. They were fined money for doing a poor job of reclaiming the land after the coal was extracted. The team that did the best job of keeping their cookie intact, while removing the most chips, ended up with the most money at the end of the job and won the contest. Students were definitely ENGAGED.
Imagine drinking out of this cup made by one of our creative 8th graders
Strawberries are for snacks today
- The strawberry is a member of the rose family and is the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries are not technically berries, but are instead edible thickened parts of stems.
- On average, there are 200 seeds on each berry.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring. The plants grow well here in Vermont.
- Six strawberries will provide the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C for kids.
- If all the strawberries produced in California in one year were laid berry to berry, they would go around the world 15 times
UNIVERSAL LUNCH MENU
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk