OPEN HOUSE at St. Albans City School Tonight
Time 5:00 to 7:00 PM
Reasons for students and Families to attend:
- Free dinner. We will be serving a scrumptious dinner made with local beef and topped off with Wendy's original (and delicious) pumpkin bars.
- Resource Fair for families -meet key administrative staff and learn about school-connected organizations
- Book Fair in the Library
- Say hello to teachers in their classrooms
Teachers and staff have been asked to park on Aldis Street or the athletic fields to make our parking lots available for parents and guardians. Please note that the area next to our maintenance shed (East Side of the Building adjacent to the Big Gym) is to be used for handicap parking only.
What to expect (pictures from last year)
Families and Students eat for free
Connect with teachers
Attend the Book Fair
The Raiders' Treasure Chest
will be open
Band lessons for 6th grade members of Sr. Band are today, and 7/8 beginners are on Friday.
A World Of Difference meets today. 1:00-2:00 in the new School Counseling office.
Squad for Kindness officially starts TODAY
What is the Squad 4 Kindness you ask? We are a fifth and sixth grade boys peer leadership group that works to make our school a place where kindness is celebrated every day and everyone feels safe.
Four members (from left to right, Aidan Lund, Sam Bapp, Camden Johnson,
and Asher Balentine) celebrate Tapping Into Kindness.
Current members will meet at 11:45 on Thursdays in Ms. Aliquo's room (Incredibles)
If you are interested in joining the Squad4Kindess this year please see Ms. Jamilah or ask one of your team teachers to contact the School Counselors.
On Friday September 16th the Investigators harvested their pumpkins!
Pictures from Milton Cross Country Race 9-20-2016 at Arrowhead Golf Course
Team St. Albans City School ran well
Emergency Drills Practiced at School
Each school year St. Albans City School practices fire drills, lock downs etc. regularly to optimize safety in case of an emergency. On Wednesday 9-21-2016 the entire school filed out in a fire drill. It could not have been a nicer day for the drill.
As you know, last week several of the Voyager and Discovery students found mysterious insects on a tree on the playground. They did some research and this is what they found out:
- The pigeon tremex is a type of non-stinging wasp, known as a horntail.
- Pigeon tremex are not considered serious pests since attacks are limited to trees and limbs that are in serious decline or very recently dead.
- Only certain hardwood trees are attacked by pigeon tremex, notably silver maple, ash, cottonwood, and elm.
Colorado State University Extension Website
Don't Forget to order a Helmet if you Need One.
The ski helmets at $27 are a very good deal.
For Snacks Today We have Strawberries
The American Indians introduced the Colonists to strawberries. The crushed berries were mixed with cornmeal and baked into bread. After trying this bread, Colonists developed their own version of the recipe and created Strawberry Shortcake.