After School Programming
- SACS Newspaper
- Girls on the Run
- Limited cast, check schedule
Open Doors Tinkerers Please take note!
- Jr. Band and the B win time band will have a rehearsal at .
- Full Orchestra will include the beginning strings morning at 8:00 AM. To be early is to be on time.
- All State Music Festival housing forms are outside the band room.
The same temperatures as yesterday, but with a little snow this morning. Do go outside and move.
Explorers Sound Wave Unit
, 3-18, Team Explorers had a great time kicking off our sound wave unit. We had a dance party to Marky Mark's "Good Vibrations", The "Explorettes" band performed, and students had a great time exploring with different instruments. The kids were amazed at the results of a tuning fork in water, and played around with making different sounds on geoboards with different types of rubber bands.
Some Pictures from the Monday 3-21-2016 Ski Trip to Jay Peak
Pictures supplied by Mr. Paul W.
Sustainable Fundraising News from The Money Maker$
There are many different programs SACS' participates in to earn money or rewards for our school. One program is Labels for Education. Unfortunately, in the past few years national participation in Labels for Education has declined and as a result, the Campbell Company has sadly come to the decision to end the LFE program. But we have the rest of the school year to earn from these labels! Watch our short video to learn what this means for our school and how we can earn our final points from Labels for Education.
Link to Money Maker's Video 1 minute 40 seconds long.
Team Discovery is hosting a March Madness dance , , from . The cost is $3.00 and food/drinks are for sale. Wear sports clothing (jersey, team hat/shirt, Raider’s gear, etc.), receive a raffle ticket for a prize drawing. Fun activities to look forward to: dance competition, basketball toss, musical chairs, and more!
Arrival and Dismissal from Dances:
- Students enter through the gymnasium doors and sign themselves into the dance.
- School Expectations (Safe, Achieving, Caring) remain at all evening events and that includes dances.
- At the end of our dances, chaperones and staff will walk students through the building to our front lobby. We will dismiss from there.
- Please be prompt for pick up as staff and chaperones need to get home, too. If your student does not have a ride home, please don’t send them to our dances unless they have made arrangements before coming to the dance.
Triumph's Magic Egg Project.
This was a math project where students had to create a bird from a geometric egg shape. There were a lot of unique designs.
Team Imagination's has a Special Food Item on Next Week's Lunch Menu
Team Imagination is hosting another taste test on March 29th. Can you guess what recipe the Abbey will be making? Hint: It's cheesy and Delicious.
For snacks today we have Asian Pears
Fairly new to the United States, there are over 1000 varieties of Asian pears, also known as "Apple Pears", originally from Japan. They have a crisp texture and juicy, melon-like flavor. Unlike European pear varieties (such as Bartlett or Comice), Asian pears are ripe and ready to eat right after harvest. Asian pears also maintain their crisp texture and unique flavors for several months with proper refrigeration.
UNIVERSAL LUNCH MENU
Entrée Options Main Meal or Cabot Yogurt Parfait or Deli Sandwich or Pizza
Offered with all Meals Vegetable/Fruit Bar Fresh Fruit, Fresh Hood Milk